Answering some questions on how we are working
during these strange times
Q. Are you open?
Yes, we are open 7 days a week. 9.30am to 3.30pm from Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays, serving takeaways only.
From the 12th April 2021 we will still operate as a takeaway service only operating and serving customers from our front door.
We have five outside tables located around the back of our building. No bookings, first come first served and a one hour stay.
When using these outside tables please follow the rule of six or being in a group of any size with no more than two households present.
It is a government requirement that everyone signs in using the “Track and Trace” app. Each person in the party needs to register with this app. The “Track and Trace” code will be located on our back door by our outside table area to sign in.
When not seated or going to the toilet – customers should wear face masks (unless exempt) and observe social distancing.
Please remember to be socially distanced when ordering at our front door takeaway service. Please order from the left and then queue to the right-hand side while waiting for your order.
Q. Is your full menu available?
Yes, most menu items are available daily, please check our full menu here. If some items are not available we will let you know when you order and suggest an alternative.
We are currently offering a 10% discount on takeaways.
Q. What else can I do to support my local coffee shop?
We, as are the rest of the world, are doing our best to be flexible, think on our feet and trying to keep afloat. We are determined that Bear & Eden will not be another victim of Covid-19.
At your request and because of your overwhelming support, we are now selling our gift-vouchers online in our shop. Use it in the coffee shop for yourself or give it to a loved one.
We just require an email address, no need to print. All major credit/debit cards accepted.
Q. How can I order?
Currently, you can order takeaways in 3 different ways:
- In person, just join the socially distanced queue. Please ring the bell if the door is closed.
- By email at [email protected]. Please email us a name, time of your collection and what drinks/food you would like to order chosen from our online menu. Please do not forget to tell us of any dietary requirement!
- Via our instagram or facebook messenger – email is preferred though.
Q. Do you have Covid-19 rules in place that I must be aware?
- Please socially distance yourself from other customers if queuing outside our coffee shop for a takeaway. Please order to the left and queue to the right-hand side while waiting for your order.
- Please wear your face mask unless you are exempt from wearing one whilst in the queue.
- Please be patient, we are running our takeaway service from our front door with limited staff members during this time.
- Please ensure you dispose of your takeaway packaging in the correct local or your own bins. We have had recent complaints about dog bins being used in the area, rather than the rubbish bins the council provide in Stansted.
A massive thank you for your continuing support, we hope to be able to offer you the full Bear & Eden in house experience soon, till then, keep safe.
Gemma & Danielle
This page was last updated in Feb 2021.