An explanation of how we collect, process, securely store and dispose of your personal data when using our website.
Bear & Eden (a trading name of Stansted Deli & Kitchen Ltd) is dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our website and communicating with us.
Our aim is to be transparent about how we use your data and to comply with applicable data protection legislation.
Who are we?
Bear & Eden is a family-run and family-friendly coffee shop, based in the heart of Stansted Mountfitchet village.
- Website address: www.bearandeden.com
- Trading address: 31 Lower Street, Brewery Barn, Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex, CM24 8LNK
- Company number: 11682195
- Data controller: [email protected]
What data do we collect and why we collect it?
The information that we collect from you is used to enable us to provide our services to you. We collect data using the following methods/services:
When you send us an enquiry through our contact form we capture the following data:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your Telephone Number
- Your Message
We use this data to contact you about your enquiry. We do not store or share this data with any third parties.
We use WP Forms to power our contact form.
When you sign up for our Newsletter we capture the following data:
- First Name
- Email Address
- Your consent to receive our newsletter emails
In addition MailChimp automatically collects the following data from your web browser:
We use this data to send you our monthly Newsletter. We do not share this data with any third parties.
We use MailChimp to power our newsletter and process and securely store your data.
When you leave comments on our website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and web browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We use Google Analytics to help us collect data about how people use our website. This helps us improve the performance and relevance of our website and it’s content. We do not collect personal data and cannot personally identify you.
You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking by installing Google’s official Opt-out Add-On.
Who do we share your data with?
Your privacy is important to us. We do not share your data with any third parties, apart from those listed above that we use to power specfic aspects of our website.
How long do we retain your data?
We securely store the information outlined above until you contact us to request it to be deleted.
What rights do you have over your data?
Please email: [email protected] to request a copy of the data we hold about you. You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where do we send your data?
- Our website is hosted by Dreamhost
- Our website content is backed up using the cloud service Dropbox
- Our contact form is powered by WP Forms
- Our newsletter sign up form is powered by MailChimp
- Our website analytics are powered by Google Analytics
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service
How do we protect your data?
We take the following measures to protect your personal data when visiting our website:
- Our website is hosted on Dreamhost’s secure servers
- We use SSH to connect to and maintain our website
- We use WordPress to power our website and regularly update the core and plugins to safeguard against hackers
- We use HTTPS to secure the connection between your web browser and our website
- Where available we use two-factor authentication for third-party services/accounts
What data breach procedures do we have in place?
If we discover a data breach on our website or at one of the services that we use, we will inform you as soon as possible.